PSG.LGD — a champion of WePlay AniMajor
Before the decisive game started, both teams had already secured direct invites to The International 10, and victory in the final was purely a matter of principle. The analysts mentioned PSG.LGD as a favorite in the Grand Final: the victory had odds of about 1.5.
As you see, only 8 out of 18 teams were awarded for WePlay AniMajor. After this tournament, the complete list of teams that received a direct invite to The International 10 was determined. Read more: 12 teams who got invites.
Some interesting statistics from WePlay AniMajor
- The player with the highest average KDA is NothingToSay. His rating is 7.37
- Vici Gaming played the most maps — 35 ones. The team started its performance from the Wild Card stage
- The longest map in the tournament lasted 65:13. It was in a match between PSG.LGD and Vici Gaming.
- The shortest map in the tournament lasted 16:28. It was in a match between Nigma and Vici Gaming.
In total, 137 maps were played in the tournament
- The average duration of each map is 37:13
- The most banned hero is Broodmother. She was banned 107 times
- The most picked hero is Lion. He was picked 61 times and had a 54.1% Win Rate.
- The most drafted hero (pick+ban) is Templar Assassin. She was used on 109 maps.
- WePlay AniMajor became one of the least diverse tournaments in terms of drafts. There were 17 heroes in the tournament that didn't make the pick/ban at all.
WePlay AniMajor was held in Kyiv from June 2 to 13. It was attended by 18 strongest teams from 6 different regions. All of them competed for a total prize pool of $500,000 and 2,700 DPC points.